MARWIS- from our vendor partner Lufft, is the first road and runway weather sensor detecting road conditions, temperatures, friction and other parameters mobile and in real time from driving vehicles...
The mobile road weather sensor MARWIS turns vehicles into driving weather stations by detecting several critical road and runway weather parameters. It can be installed on vehicles with a distance of 1 - 2m above the surface and delivers information about temperatures, waterfilm heights, dew points, road conditions (dry, moist, wet, snow, ice), ice percentages, relative humidity and friction with a frequency of up to 100 times per second. It serves as an important decision support with regard to preventive winter maintenance. Due to the open interface protocols, MARWIS can be easily integrated into existing winter maintenance monitoring networks. Similarly, the mobile road sensor can communicate directly with the control system on winter maintenance vehicles. The measurement data output supports the protocol UMB binary.
- Parameters measured:Road condition (dry, moist, wet, ice, snow, critical wet, chemically wet), road surface temperature, ambient temperature, water film height up to 6mm, dew point temperature, relative humidity, ice percentage, friction (calculated)
- Measurement technology:Optical LED transmitters, photo receivers, pyrometer, infrared
- Product highlights:Mobile, plug and play, 100 measurement per second, multifunctional, real time thermal mapping, wireless data transfer
- Interfaces:Bluetooth, RS485, CAN-Bus
- Contact Traffic Products for more information.